Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Nanny & Poppy took advantage of the long holiday weekend, and came for a visit! They arrived early Friday morning so that I could head to a doctor's appt. Nate showed off his puzzle skills, and played with new bubble toys. We attempted to take both kids down to a neighbors house to swing, but WOW we got caught in a monsoon. Abby did NOT like racing back to the house in her stroller!! Nate's highlight of the day was taking a big boy bath downstairs, with his new Handy Manny boat! In fact, when he & Nanny were putting it together at 9 am, he said "I ready for a bath now!"

Yes, I know he looks a bit...scary here, but he loves his new goggles! We are ready for the beach!

Abby jammin' on the drums

Poppy & his girl!

I know she doesn't look that comfy, but I swear, she liked it! This was taken pre-monsoon, of course.

Settling down before bedtime, with Hanny Manny boat in hand. I love my sweet boy!!

Saturday we left a napping Abby at home with Greg (who was MORE than happy to have the house quiet for awhile so he could enjoy his coffee & newspaper :), and we headed to Lowes to find some flowers to plant! Nate & Poppy explored all over the store while me & Nanny picked out the plants. We got some impatiens, indian carpet, and knockout roses. Fingers crossed I don't kill them! We finished off the morning with lunch at Chic-fil-A and came home to get the planting done before Nate's nap. He was a BIG helper with digging the holes and using the watering can.

And once Poppy brought out the Spiderman water blaster, it was all downhill from there. I bet he loaded & squirted this thing about 1000 times that day. I am not kidding. Check out his stance! He means business!!

Abby's first guitar, courtesy of Deedee. Yes, we are starting her on Hannah Montana a little early! It's so cute though....just the perfect size for her.

We got MORE rain that afternoon (boooooo) but still managed to have fun outside/in the garage with new toys. Again, mostly the water blaster...

Nanny & Poppy took the kids for a stroll after our gourmet cheeseburger dinner, courtesy of Greg:

Sunday morning we had a special treat planned for breakfast...we all went to the Pfunky Griddle in Nashville to make our own pancakes! Surprisingly, Poppy liked it best. It was the first time he'd ever cooked his own pancakes, and he could not get enough. (Gibbs family: whoever draws his name for Xmas...get him a griddle!!) His pancakes didnt always look the best though...see the one at the top of this picture:

Nate eading a book with Nanny while everyone finished up (it's "all-you-can-eat" so we were there for awhile!)

Nanny & I went shopping after breakfast and let the 2 men handle the kids. As usual, we bought waaaaay too many clothes for Abby. In our defense though, she really did need new clothes. She is growing too fast and needs 9M size clothes! And she literally had 3 things in that size. I'm super excited about one purchase I made: a lavendar silk A-line dress for Abby to wear at Becky's wedding! It's got a puffy/tulle skirt too. Too precious! You'll have to wait until August for those pictures :) And I managed to find Abby some newborn size crocs too! LOVE THEM! And the best part...they actually stay on her teeny tiny feet.

Puzzle man, hard at work

Greg & I went on a date night last night to celebrate our 6 year anniversary (a little early - it's June 5th) at the Parthenon. It was so nice to have some QT with my handsome hubbie! And the kids enjoyed a trip to Baskin Robbins after dinner. They said Nate KEPT singing "Happy birthday to Nate" since he was eating birthday cake flavored ice cream!


It was a great long weekend with my parents and I'm so grateful they got to come visit. I always get a good break from entertaining Nate, answering his 100 questions, blowing bubbles with him, putting both kids down for naps, and feeding Abby bottles & cereal & fruit/veggies (since WOW she is not into cereal these days. Or peaches....not a big fan at all). Next up: the beach in less than 3 weeks!!

1 comment:

Lora said...

The ice cream picture is now my background on my computer! And I love the googles one - I can't wait to swim with N at the beach. And hello we are seriously having a water gun fight :) Abby's teeny tiny crocs are so cute!