On a positive note, our little baby girl is blossoming and every day she makes us laugh & smile. She loves her big bro something fierce, and I love watching the two of them playing together when they don’t know I’m looking. Check out some of these sweet moments:
Under "Fort Snuggie" with their flashlights
"Helping" Nate at the Discovery Center
Telling secrets :)
She had been cutting back on her 2 naps this month, so I decided to transition her into one long one in the afternoon. It has been a pretty easy transition, and has allowed us/made us get out more and do fun stuff since our whole morning has opened up now. I spend my mornings trying to wear her out at the Discovery Center, library, indoor play area at the mall, so that she will sleep soundly from 12:30-3 pm. And that she does!
Abby is still being a bit stubborn with her walking, just choosing to take a few steps here & there. We are trying not to get frustrated, b/c I know in a few short months, I will long for the days when she wasn’t running everywhere!! She has continued to be quite the troublemaker though. Just a few examples:
- She has discovered the fake rocks/coal in our fireplace and loves to munch on them. So safe, I know.
- She has become quite the escape artist when we are at the mall indoor play area. I have to chase her much more than I ever did with Nate!
- She loves to climb the outside of the stairs. I just know one day she is going to climb up them, lose her footing, and crack her skull open when she falls backward on the hardwoods. In fact, I have nightmares about this. And even after I tell her “no,” 1076 times, she is still doing it.
Abby has a WEIRD fascination with putting things around her neck. I know, I told you...it’s weird. She will wrap toys, dirty laundry/pjs, ribbons, anything she can get her hands on around her neck. So yes, I have to watch her like a hawk.
Her two newest tricks are TOO CUTE. And that she learned them from her brother makes them even better. If we ask her to “show us her muscles,” she’ll ball up her fists and make a grunting noise. Hilarious. And if you ask her to “fly like Buzz,” she’ll put her arms out and make a swishing sound. Love this. And to see Nate laugh at it...priceless! And her newest favorite game is to play peek-a-boo in the curtains..
Also, mom-of-the-year here just noticed yesterday that she is cutting 3 teeth. One being a molar. In fact, the molar is almost all the way through. NO WONDER she’s been soooo fussy, had fevers, etc. Poor thing!!
I've found that when I'm at my wits end, these 4 guys (THE WIGGLES) can calm/entertain Abby for 20+ minutes. Oh yes. I call this shot "The Wiggles coma"
She loves to hug Dolly WHILE IN Dolly's stroller. She didn't get the memo that it's not meant to hold 23+ lbs.
Enjoying the 2 day break from the cold & snow

My favorite little helpers


4 comments:
so sweet! tuck is all about stuff around his neck too!! one nap way to go!!
The Wiggles aren't on instant view on Netflix anymore and I haven't seen any DVDs atht he store. Where did you get yours?
OMG.. that picture of Abby at the top of the stairs is HYSTERICAL! I love her! And nothing is sweeter than those sweet moments with her and Nate together!
Happy 15 mths sweet girl!
What a cutie and I am loving her developing personality!
Post a Comment