Thursday, February 10, 2011

We're Moving!!

Today, Greg accepted a job offer with the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa for the 2011-2012 school year!! I am so proud of him...this has the potential to be his "dream job," and no one deserves it more than him after how hard he's worked the past 15 years. To say we are sad to leave our Murfreesboro friends & home is quite the understatement, but we both know this is the best decision for our family in the long-run.

ROLL TIDE!!

P.S. If anyone knows of someone wanting to buy a charming, 4-bedroom house in the best neighborhood ever, please give them our name! :)

P.P.S I just realized I'm going to have to change the name of our blog after we move....maybe 'Bama Brood? Suggestions are welcome.

14 comments:

Becky said...

YAYYYYYYYYY!!!! So glad the world knows now!
ROLL TIDE!

I cannot wait :)

mary leigh said...

Um, so how come I found this out on your blog?!?!

Hallie Madewell said...

I am beyond excited/proud for all of you and will be praying for a smooth transition!

Having said that, words can't express how much I will miss you and our babies growing up together!

And.. Im sorry I cant say Roll Tide being a true TN fan but yay for Tuscaloosa! hahah

KelseyMoore said...

awesome! i know you are excited and sad. what a great thing for greg!! can't wait to hear all about this next adventure. i know that you will miss your neighbors though.

Leah said...

Sad! Exciting for you guys! But sad you are leaving the 'Boro. Please let us know when the big move is so we can get a chance to get together for play dates before you leave!

Life's A Beach.... said...

EM!! Congrats to Greg and to you for making the decision! So proud of him, he really has worked hard. I know it'll be hard to leave Murf but you will love Tuscaloosa. What a fun school to be a part of!! Their football is great (duh) but you should check out their gymnastics team.....they are pretty amazing too. :) I cant wait to come visit!!

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! So happy for you all, but sad for our loss. You will be greatly missed. We will continue praying for this next exciting chapter in the Givens' adventure!

Diane said...

Emily - I am so sad you are leaving, but I am excited for your family and this wonderful opportunity for Greg!

Lora said...

I can't wait to visit! Congrats to Greg - he is very deserving of this opportunity! Are Mom and Dad moving with you? :) Didn't they live in AL at one point?

Allyson said...

Congratulations to Greg for this awesome opportunity! I am praying for a smooth transition for all of you to Alabama!! We will definitely miss you all, but I am happy that you have this blog so we can keep up with all of you wherever life may take you!

Welcome to Pelican's Perch Postings! said...

wowsie wow! exciting new adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bawa Bears said...

oh that pelican's perch comment was me, hahha. anyway, still very exciting! congrats to greg!

The Overstreets said...

I'm excited for Greg, but can't believe you guys are actually moving! And Bama? Well, you know how we Overstreets feel about Bama! ;)

At least you're close enough to visit!

Proud Parents said...

Congrats to Greg! What an exciting time for the entire family!

Has anyone suggested "Bama Mama" for your blog name?