First up, the kids hunted for their Easter baskets. (Yes, I know this is different than what most people do, but this is what I did growing up, and I think it's a fun tradition!)
Then, we attempted to get a good shot of the kids in their Easter outfits. Not one of these is that great, but still, you get the picture....it is hard work getting TWO to smile on cue!!
This has got to be my new favorite picture of Abby. Love that sassy girl.
We had a great family breakfast at Mimi's and please note that Mr. Green Power Ranger had a great time too and just HAD to be in the picture. Abby kept Daddy on his toes during breakfast, and the only thing that would calm her down was sipping some orange juice from his cup. Over and over and over....
Before lunchtime, we decided to dye some eggs. Greg was in charge of the hard-boiling, and 2 of the 7 eggs cracked. He decided to try and GROSS ME OUT (mission accomplished!!!!) by putting one of the eggs on his face. Seriously, it was nasty.
The grossest part is.......he & Abby both ate it and loved it! I was barfing. Nate had fun dyeing the eggs with me, though I think I bought too fancy of a kit....definitely need to stick to the simple one next year. Or maybe I just need to read the package more carefully before I buy it. No 3 yr old wants to use eye-droppers to paint on eggs.
Then after naps, it was time for an egg hunt in our backyard! We invited a few neighbors over as well. Abby got a little help from Daddy, as he picked her up and whizzed her from egg to egg.
Nate was the slowest, as usual, but got into it near the end. (I am thinking since this was his 3rd egg hunt, he was probably kinda over it...)
Greg wore these ears all day. I am not kidding.
Some of our sweet neighbors, Autumn & Mal Mal
We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather for our Easter weekend. And the best part was that we got to have so much fun as a family!!


3 comments:
LOVE the picture of Abby in her Easter dress! precious!
And EWWWWWWWWW GREG! But funny picture!
Looks like your hunt was fun, sorry we missed it.
Easter was a lot of fun. I think Abby will grow to like hardboiled eggs one of these days. Yum!
Adorable coordinating Easter outfits!
Post a Comment