Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Funnies

Nate was walking around the house, with one foot inside an empty Kleenex box (yes, he’s weird)...
Nanny: Nate, what happened to your foot?
Nate: I left it on the highroad (aka highway)!

We were browsing the kids’ books aisle at Target when I spotted one of Nate’s faves...
Me: Nate look, it’s Max & Ruby!
N: Oh, good eye Mommy!



We were discussing moving...yes, he has lots of questions these days about moving and most of them are breaking my heart. I decided to lighten the mood & told him we could buy a new toy once we moved.
N: Mommy, I’m not sad about moving anymore!
Me: Good sweetie! But you know when we’re in Alabama that we won’t be close to Mal Mal anymore, right?
N: Yes, but I love new friends! And I’m so happy now!
(Oh wow, the wonders of bribery)

N: Mommy, I’m gonna save up my money.
Me: What for?
N: I don’t know.
Me: Well, Mommy & Daddy save up their money to buy things they really want. Like a new car, or a new house.
N: And new grass?
Me: Well yes, new grass.
N: I just want a new Buzz.

Talking about a boy at school...
N: I don’t like Wyatt.
Me: Why? Is he mean to you?
N: He knocks heavy stuff on the floor. And that’s not polite.

4 comments:

Lora said...

Cracking up! Especially about the saving money for a new Buzz :)

Hallie Madewell said...

I love him! Im glad he's warming up to the idea of moving.. hopefully a new Buzz will do the trick!

I love the comment of why he doesnt like Wyatt! SO NATE!

Diane said...

Ty had a difficult time with our moves. Maggie was easy. It's great that Nate seems to be on board with the idea.

KelseyMoore said...

i bet the moving questions are so tough, it seems that you have an amazing support system in your community. he is hysterical though! we have a lifesize buzz that has been very popular...tuck has to sleep with him every night!