Sunday, April 10, 2011

Seventeen Months!

Abby Reece is 17 months old today...hard to believe! This past month has FLOWN by, probably b/c I have never been so busy chasing after our "little" girl. She has finally decided to walk, and though I LOVE it, it sure makes keeping up with her a lot harder! :) I knew this stage was coming though, and I welcomed it...b/c I knew it would make for a happier baby & a happier Mommy! Abby loves exploring, following around her big bro, and yes, getting into things she shouldn't. Welcome to life with two toddlers.

We also hit another big milestone this month - no more bottles! As with Nate, we held onto that bedtime bottle probably a little longer than we should, as it was just part of our routine at night. Now, Baby Girl gets into her pjs, reads 3-4 books and goes right down. Kinda sad - not a ton of snuggling time - but most days she is worn out and happy to get into that crib. And I am MORE than happy to not have to wash any more itty bitty bottle parts. Ever again!

As I mentioned in last month's post, Abby Reece is becoming increasingly "girly." This month we have moved onto:
1.) Hugging & rocking every doll & stuffed animal in sight. And of course while doing this, she is saying "baby, baby"...so sweet.

2.) Accessories. Not only is Miss Hollywood obsessed with her shades, but now she has necklaces & braclets she will hardly let you take off. I think it is adorable but have NO idea where it came from!

3.) Hairbows. She used to fight me a TON but is getting better in recent days when I go to fix her hair. She has even brought me a bow once or twice. I think she is finally starting to like rocking her sassy side ponytail.

We previously took the gates down for workmen & painters to get up & down the stairs easily, as well as for showings, and have decided just to leave them down. Abby Reece loves climbing up & down the stairs and can do so pretty safely (for now). If at anytime we can't find her, we know she's gone up the stairs, and is either playing with blocks in Nate's room, or reading books in her room. She is SO MUCH BETTER at playing independently than Nate ever was! Oh, and she likes to perch on the landing of the stairs and watch tv/movies with us in the living room...looking thru the banister. What a nut.

A new habit she's picked up which completely disgusts me but makes everyone else around me laugh: she LOVES licking glass windows, doors, etc. I don't mind so much at home, b/c hello our house is cleaner than it's even been! But when we're out in public and I catch her out of the corner of my eye doing it, GROSS. The discovery center, the mall, the bookstore, you name it...she's licked it.

A very sweet moment happened this month....I took Abby over to see my best friend's newborn baby (Cole), and Abby was super sweet around him. Very curious at first...just wanted to poke his legs while I held him. Then when he moved into the swing, she insisted on rocking him (sometimes a little too fast for my liking) and then started to "pet" him. Seriously, I melted. (Not enough to have a 3rd kid, but still, it was adorable.)

And last but not least, Greg & I got to witness one of the funniest moments of sweet Abby Reece's life this past week. The 4 of us were upstairs before bedtime, and we let the kids run around in their underwear/diaper before putting on pjs (it's been HOT here)! I was telling Greg how whenever we're in the car, Nate asks that I put the radio on a good country song....Josh Turner, Eric Church, Brad Paisley are some of his faves. Well poor Abby just sits there most of time with a blank look on her face. UNTIL I turn on some R&B...for instance: Beyonce's "Single Ladies." Girlfriend starts moving & dancing in her carseat! SO....when we were upstairs, I started (badly) singing...."If you like it then you should've put a ring on it....oh oh oh...." and Abby starts BREAKING IT DOWN. Doing a booty dance no less. Greg & I fell out laughing!!!! And ever since, if I just sing a few bars of that song, she stops what she's doing and starts jamming. Hilarious! White girl can shake it...I love it.
I will try to get a video of her on my cell at some point.

Abby Reece, you are the true definition of joy...you have brought so much to our family in these short 17 months. We are so blessed to have you in our lives and I can't wait to see the person you become. As for now, you sure know how to keep Mommy on her toes & make things interesting, and for that we love you!!

Some other fun pics from this month:
First homemade smoothie! Getting really good with a straw...

Don't disturb me, I'm eating animal crackers...

Had fun at the beauty parlor while N got his hair cut

Gap Kids, here we come! Love my little model and his new short 'do

Playing copycat with N

The shirt says it all...

5 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

OMG... I have got to see her dance! "She get it from her Mama"!

And she did GREAT with Cole, she was precious with him!

Love all the new pics and I cant believe she's 17 months and drinking out a straw and basically running everywhere she goes! I LOVE YOU ABBY! :) (and Nate too of course)!

KelseyMoore said...

a girl after my own heart, shake it sista!

Lora said...

Dance Party at the beach!! Better yet, on the front porch :)

Bawa Bears said...

love that picture of her with the doll :). cute!

Ashley said...

Can't wait to see Abby GET DOWN!!:)