Thursday, April 21, 2011

Girls Weekend

I got to go to Asheville, NC this past weekend for a much-needed escape, and the annual Gibbs Girls Weekend!!

Lora & Bec did a fabulous job of making all the arrangements....our quaint "cottage" in the mountains (about 10 min outside of downtown), picking a spa and all of the MANY restaurants, as well as navigating to & from everywhere and up & down those windy mtn roads. So, shout out to them! Thanks for letting me make no decisions - it felt great! :)



Friday included one of the best professional massages I've ever had. I think everyone else felt the same way too b/c we came out of that place with goopy hair, lines on our face, and drool. Needless to say, we freshened up back at the cottage before dinner at one of my faves - Tupelo Honey!! We had to wait close to an hour but it was worth the wait. I can still taste that vegetable plate...

Saturday was a lazy morning b/c it was so stormy & gloomy outside. Luckily it cleared up late morning and we got to take a walk (or rather, a HIKE) around our cottage. It was beautiful scenery & a great butt work-out due to all the steep hills!

We shopped around Biltmore Village a little in the afternoon and had a late Mexican lunch. Then rest time at the cottage as we geared up for our night out at the Tapas/Wine bar. This was by far my fave meal. We ordered things our men would never agree to! Sauteed mushrooms, gnocchi, tempura shrimp, flank steak, goat cheese salad...the list goes on. If you've never been to a Tapas bar before, it's so fun b/c the plates are all appetizer-sized, and they bring the food out in waves so you're constanting getting 2-3 bites of something new. So fun!



Then off to the French Broad Chocolate Lounge for dessert...doesn't that name just sound like heaven!? Well, it was. As was the carrot cake. Wish I bought more turtles though b/c they were G.O.O.D.

We packed up Sunday & ate breakfast at a "green" cafe before leaving town. Only in Asheville would they ask if you want real sausage or soysage on your biscuit. I opted for real, thank you.

I love my sisters & mom, and this annual trip is just a testament to that! Thank you for the much-needed girl time and relaxation!!

2 comments:

KelseyMoore said...

that is so much fun! all 4 of you look great! so glad that you got a wonderful weekend away.

Bawa Bears said...

fun girls weekend. i loooooove tapas!!!!!!!!!!!