Monday, April 18, 2011

Too Much for a Monday

We have started off our week with quite a bang. Here is the scene I encountered when waking up Abby this morning:Yes, it looks like a crime scene. I was FREAKING out. I took the passy out of her mouth and saw that her nose, lip, and chin was covered with dried blood. Somehow, she got a bloody nose in the middle of the night!!!!! Poor thing!! And yes I did take a picture of her (b/c I didn't think Greg would believe me), but I cannot post it. It is the most pathetic thing you've ever seen...brings tears to my eyes actually. She looks like she got beat up.

Ok. so then later in the morning, the kids were downstairs watching cartoons & I was upstairs in the attic getting some stuff down for our yard sale this weekend. I had been up there 15+ minutes when all of a sudden, I looked over, and there popped this little head above the ladder. Meaning: My 17 month-old had climbed up the 10-stair ladder to get into the attic!!!!! Freak-out #2.

Wonder what the rest of the week has in store for us....

***UPDATE: Since I posted this 3 hrs ago, we have had incident #3... Abby fell down the stairs. No I am not kidding. I was a mere two steps behind her (of course) and watched helplessly as she fell/rolled halfway down our stairs and stopped on the landing. Thankfully, all she has is a bloody lip.

To say it has been a rough day is an understatement!!

6 comments:

Lora said...

Yikes! I wonder if she knocked herself in the face during the night to get the nose bleed. Did she seem bothered by it? Did N freak too? Hello she is fearless!

Lora said...

Poor Abs! If things happen in threes you are done for the year!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Oh my gosh Emily!!! I hope Greg brought home a bottle of wine for you!

KelseyMoore said...

oh no. i hate days like that. i hope that the rest of your day has gone better. I would have FREAKED out if my baby girl had woken up with all the blood in her crib...wow. glad it was just a bloody nose.

Ashley said...

Oh no! Poor Abby...and poor mommy!

Hallie Madewell said...

What a horrific day , so sorry! Glad every one is ok!