Anyone who knows me will say that I am a very organized (and pretty anal) person. Well, although I am extremely organized, I am also a HUGE stressball! I over-analyze everything and stress about every little detail. It annoys Greg, but hey, he knew what he was getting into when he married me. Comes with the package, buddy!
So, for about 2 months now, I've been stressing about an upcoming trip I'm taking with Nate. It will be our first plane trip, and it's just the two of us (Greg is staying in TN to do - what else - work). We are flying to NC to see my family & go to one of my best friend Erin's bridal shower. Well, I can't believe it, but it's almost here....Friday! Though I am looking forward to the trip, I am DREADING the "getting there" part. My mom keeps telling me "oh it's just an hour flight, you'll be fine." Yeah, well I'm not so sure. I think I am going to have a panic attack. You should see all my packing lists right now. One for me, one for Nate's clothes, and then one for Nate's supplies/food/toys etc. And of course, all of the lists are in Excel. (I LOVE Excel!)
Another thing about me is sometimes I expect the worst. I'm not a negative person, but I just expect the worst scenario, and then if it ends up better than that, I am pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed. (Note: this is what I did with Nate's labor and it worked! I expected it to be awful and it really wasn't! Not sure if it will go that smoothly with kiddo #2, but we'll see.) Anyways, so here is the worst-case scenario I am envisioning.....
We get to the airport and I can barely push the stroller/carseat/Nate while dragging a huge suitcase. We have to wait in line 30 minutes just to check our luggage, and then another 30 minutes at Security. I get up to Security and they tell me I can't carry on all the formula and baby food that I have in the diaper bag. It pains me to throw away baby food since it's so expensive. So I shove it down Nate's throat, while he's screaming. He screams all the way to the gate, and continues until we board. No one wants to sit next to crazy lady with the screaming baby, but then at the last moment, a hugely overweight smelly man does b/c he has no other options. Instead of falling asleep on the plane like everyone tells me he will, Nate goes berserk and cries the whole hour. Again, everyone around me hates us. I duck my head as we get off the plane and hurry to baggage claim. I find that the carseat and stroller are soaking wet somehow even though it's not raining outside. Again, I try to lug around the stroller contraption as well as Nate and our luggage. I collapse into Aunt L's car and head to Clemmons.....
So, hopefully it will be better than that (yes, I am being slightly dramatic right now). Our flight is Friday at 9 am so anyone that says prayers, please say one for us! :) (And then again Monday at 2:30 pm for our flight home too. Thanks!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I freaking just laughed out loud- jeeze Em you are a nut! See you tomorrow!
you are a nut but I love you!!! I will be praying for you guys...Jesus loves the Givens :) I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was going to ask if you were ready, but now I see that is not necessary... I will say that I will BE AT BAGGAGE CLAIM!! Can't help with the flight but I can get your luggage and help you to the car. 2.5 days to go :)
Post a Comment