Monday, May 12, 2008

Jogging with my munchkin




I bought a jogging stroller when Nate was around 6 months old and could not wait to use it! I was excited to be able to do an activity I love, while spending time with my son at the same time. Well, Nate had other ideas. The first few times we went for a jog, he only lasted about 5 minutes before screaming (10 minutes on a good day). I wasn't sure what was bothering him - the wind in his face, the position he was in in the stroller, the speed, or something else. I just figured I'd keep trying it and hoping he'd catch on sooner or later. Well, lo and behold, he finally likes it!! The past month or so, we have had some really great runs (well, I use the term "run" very loosely....I have to start out EXTREMELY slow and then slowly pick up the speed. That's the only way he will tolerate it). And he LOVES playing with the buckle & straps (see pic). I'm sure in another month or so, he'll go through another phase where he hates the jogger and I'll have to pull him out to carry him, while I push the empty stroller (and look like an idiot). Hey, I'm used to looking like an idiot - that comes with the territory of being a new mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with this post, but something is wrong with your countdown- nate is older than 5 mths