Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Our Memorial Day plans for a cookout and "pool party" for Nate got rained out! Such a bummer! It was beautiful all weekend, up until 2 pm yesterday (of course). Then, the sky fell out and the ditch in our backyard turned into the Mississippi River. Luckily, the rain had slowed to a drizzle by the time Greg needed to grill out - yummy chicken, shrimp, and vegetable kabobs! Casey, TJ, & Will came over to hang out, eat, and have the boys play. I had bought a blow-up wading pool for the boys to play in - it even came with a half-awning to block the sun! I couldn't wait to see Nate in his bathing suit, splashing in the water. Maybe next time!

Anyways, we still managed to have a good time and the boys are getting better at playing together. Nate only tried to steal a toy from Will once (his ball) and he enjoyed watching Will try out his exersaucer. Both showed off their crawling/wiggle worm skills, and Nate somehow managed to bite my big toe in the meantime! Thanks honey. (Sidenote: his first tooth is still not all the way through, but a tiny jagged piece is, and it HURT!)


Here is a picture of Nate attempting his new "headstand" position.(See Casey's blog for more pics and a story about how "Nathan's Mom has got it going on...." That song is SO in my head now, Casey!)

2 comments:

Lora said...

CHOMP! I love it :) I can't wait to see his tooth at the beach! Nice how he is wearing clothes I gave him in February...

Anonymous said...

Wait until he bites you or he's up all night screaming because it hurts, then tell me how much you want to see it.