Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to me!


This is my first official Mother's Day! Of course, I thought when I was pregnant last May, that that was my first Mother's Day. I have a vivid memory of eating two sausage biscuits on the back porch last year (yes, I was preggo & not afraid to chow down), while Greg was still in bed sleeping. He didn't get me a card or even acknowledge the day. Yeah, that was a pretty pathetic Mother's Day, so we should just say that one didn't count...

If you're wondering, my hubbie did much better this year! Gave me a wonderful - and mushy! - card, some beautiful tulips, and brownies bites from the Publix bakery. Score! And somehow my 9 month-old son managed to sign his name on the card. He is incredibly advanced. I am also told I am going to have a romantic dinner awaiting for me tonight once Nate goes to bed. We'll see! Either way, this year has been a HUGE improvement over last year (couldn't have been much worse)!

Being a first-time mom brings about SO many new changes in your life. Basically, your world is turned upside-down! I thought it would be fun to name a few of my new favorite things since becoming a mom....
1) Seeing Nate smile first thing in the morning when I walk into his room
2) Listening to his infectious giggle
3) Watching him horseplay with his dad
4) Playing "dress-up" with all of his cute clothes
5) Watching him play with toys; he gets such a focused look on his face
6) Having him fall asleep on my shoulder on our way upstairs for a nap
7) Kissing his toes
8) Rocking and singing "Puff the Magic Dragon"
9) Watching him sleep with that cute little tush in the air
10) Did I mention that I love his smile??? :)

This list could go on for days but I'll stop at #10! Nate has changed my life in more ways than I could ever imagine. He is the light of my life and I'm so grateful for him! Not every day is a picnic, but every moment is worth it, to be able to call myself "Nate's Mom."

No comments: