Abby was serving me "pretend" drinks, which is usually milk or juice. This time, however, was different...
Me: Oh thank you Abby! What did you bring me?
A: Coca-cola!
Heading into the car one morning…
N: When I come outside and it’s hot, my brain feels crumpled up.
Me: Why’s that?
N: It’s from the sun. It has bad vitamins in it.

After putting on his new pirate costume….
Nanny: Nate, what’s your pirate name?
N: Pirate Givens!
Nate’s new way of introducing himself to kids at playgrounds now is “I’m Nathan. I'll be 4 in

I left the kids inside for a minute while I took out a bag of trash. When I came back in….
N: Mommy! Come here! Abby is soooo in trouble!
Me: What did she do? (as I see her hiding behind the coffee table)
N: She’s not pulling all the puzzle pieces out. She has something that belongs to you.
(I walk over to find her pulling every Kleenex & wipe out of the diaper bag)
Me: Abby! That’s a no no!
N: I told her no but I’m not mean enough.
For close to 2 years now, Nate has had two imaginary friends. He says their names are Gaudy & Horsedoe, and they are parrots. He does not talk about them much anymore, but this week, he brought them back up when we getting in the car to go run some errands...
N: Mommy, I brought Gaudy & Horsedoe with us!
Me: Oh good! Where are they?
N: In my lap. Gaudy is a Mommy and Horsedoe is a Daddy.
Me: Will you let Abby play with them?
N: No, they’re very little. Abby might eat them.


1 comment:
That first picture of Nate makes me want to cry, he looks 10!
And he's got one thing right, he's definately not MEAN!!!!!
Love your babies!
Post a Comment