Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moving On

Sadly, this will be my last post as a “Murfreesboro Momma.” Greg & I will be moving out on Saturday, and I will start a new blog as a "Bama Mama" for our Alabama adventures (stay tuned for the link).

I wanted to pay tribute to our house on Foundry Circle, as it has been such a spot of growth & happiness for us. We moved in in February of 2007, and I was 3 months pregnant with Nate. They say you always remember your first love….well, I feel that way about our first home.

There are SO many things I will remember….in no particular order:

-Bringing both kids home from the hospital

-Having Abby sleep in our closet as a newborn b/c she was grunting so much (don’t judge me; I was exhausted)

-Watching Nate do “ski arms” running around our coffee table

-Both kids running to the back door every night as they heard Daddy come home from work

-Building forts

-Greg falling asleep EVERY night on the rug after dinner, while the kids jumped all over him

-Converting Nate’s room from a nursery to a “big boy room”

-Seeing Nate at the top of the stairs, waiting for me, every morning & after every nap

-Taking “first day of school pictures” by the front door

-Christmas 2009 here – the first Christmas I’d been in my own house on Christmas morning. Abby was 6 weeks old and our families came to us.

-Handyman Bob – did a lot of repairs/updates over the years and saved our marriage in the process J

-Listening to Greg cuss about the grass, constantly

-Becoming an expert painter after painting almost every room in the house

-Cooking dinner downstairs and hearing the kids play hide-n-seek upstairs

-Closing the garage door and playing in the garage during winter

-Watching Elmo, the Wiggles, and Toy Story on repeat

-Spending countless hours at my “scrapbook station”

-Witnessing both kids’ first steps (Nate’s – in the living room, wearing a soggy diaper and Abby’s – in the kitchen, wearing her zebra pants)

We really lucked out in landing in this neighborhood (as Greg likes to remind me…HE found it)! I have grown to love so many of my neighbors as best friends, and my kids have been equally as lucky. I will miss our driveway parties (after the kids go to bed), stomp rocket contests, the bike gang, playing outside every day and always having an adult to talk to/commiserate with, having a 3rd child in Mallory, waterslides & waterblaster fights, and being able to call up a neighbor at 11 pm to come sleep here with Nate b/c I was going into labor with Abby (thank you Stacey!).

We make our friends. We make our enemies, but God makes our neighbors.

-G.K. Chesterton

I was not completely thrilled upon finding out back in 2005 that we were relocating toMurfreesboro, TN for Greg’s job. To be honest, I’d never heard of the place. And of course I was sad to leave NC….the only place I’d ever known. I’m happy to say though, I have really loved living in Murfreesboro, for so many reasons….

-The proximity to Nashville

-Our kids were born here

-The friends we’ve made

-Our neighborhood

-The greenway & all the parks

-Kohl’s! J

-My BFF

-Some of our favorite restaurants: Goodness Gracious, Miller’s Café, Five Senses, Ahart’s Pizza, and Pfunky Griddle

Dear First Home,

Thank you for all the memories. You will always hold a dear place in our hearts. We’ve loved you hard, torn you apart, and attempted to fix you up. We’ve killed your grass, worn out places in the driveway, and laughed our hearts out inside your walls. You truly are one-of-a-kind.

Love,

Murfreesboro Momma

7 comments:

Leah said...

This post is SAD!! =(

Hallie Madewell said...

Thanks ALOT IM SOBBING. I love that last picture too! Im gonna miss you SO FRIGGIN MUCH :(

Lora said...

So many memories! I will never forget being there after N was born and all of us just wanting to hold him :) Then poor neglected Abby in the swing at Christmas but I do recall spoiling her by letting her sleep in our arms or on our chest. That Christmas is also when N said "I love you" unprompted when I was leaving :) I'm sad for you all to leave because I know and have seen how much you have loved the house, street, neighborhood and town of Mfboro. So I'll focus on being excited for my first visit to Bham to see the new locale and start MORE memories. Bye house on Foundry.

Lora said...

Bham / Tuscaloosa I mean ;) I have to fly into Birmingham!

Ashley said...

Great but sad final post.:(

Love the new blog name!

I will be praying you and Greg the next few days....

Miss you already!

Bawa Bears said...

i feel sentimental for you, and i never even saw the house!

beth gibbs said...

alittle late but I will miss your wonderful neighbors and friends. I will miss Halloween and "Americana". I know you will be happy wherever you live because a house is just bricks, plaster and MEMORIES. Your friends you will see again and your memories are with you forever ( or in my case, as long as you have a memory), the love is always there and bricks and plaster can be replaced. Love to all on Foundry. Nanny may show up there someday!