"Rosie" has been with Greg almost as long as I have (minus about 2 months)! He first got her in October of 1999, and she has served us well. Actually, we were both getting a little sentimental about her last night. That car has been through so much with us! See below though, it was time....
We weren't sure Rosie would even make the 4 hour drive to Tuscaloosa, so we decided this was the time to trade her in. And luckily, my parents were ready to get a new car, so we are buying their old one! It's a red Honda Accord, and since my Dad is OCD about cars, it's in mint condition (Love ya Dad!) :)
We gave Rosie quite the send-off this morning, as Greg will take her to "junkyard" (as Nate calls it), tonight. And as Greg drove away, Nate yelled "Bye bye you junky car!!"

R.I.P Rosie!!!


3 comments:
You know, Rosie doesn't look too bad from those pictures. I'm already starting to regret selling her :( And I think she would have been a good "first car" for Nathan when he turns 16!
Greg is delusional - that car should have never made it past his college years. He better keep mom's old car in tip-top shape or dad will have a meltdown :) I might have only ridden in Rosie once - don't think I'll miss her!! Bye bye junky
ah man! I remember driving that thing to Wake when the original Rosie died..... How many miles were on it? Greg, you should totally get a Datsun 210, but make sure it comes with the umbrella to hold open the hatchback and the brick to keep it from rolling out of the drive way.
Post a Comment