(DISCLAIMER: Please bear with me....my baby boy is turning 3 today and I'm going to be one of those moms that recounts their kids' birth stories every year on their birthday. Gosh, I'm turning into my mother!)

3 years ago today, my sweet baby boy was born! I had been having back labor for a few days and was given the option to be admitted to the hospital on Friday at my appt b/c I was 4 cm. For some reason, I said no and continued to labor all thru the weekend. By Monday, I couldn't take it anymore and went in to be "checked" - why I did not go straight to the hospital, I'm not sure. But I just had a hard time timing my contractions and didn't want it to be false labor. The doctor checked me and I was 5 1/2 cm (!), so we went straight to the hospital. I was admitted at 3:30 pm, sent Greg home for my bag, made a few phone calls to family, and endured some pretty intense contractions until I got my epidural at 5:30. It was smooth sailing from there, and I started "pushing" at 8:15 pm. By 9:40 pm, Nathan Eric Givens was born!! He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz and was perfect!
He was then, and continues to be the love of my life. I could not ask for a better son! Nate is such a gentle spirit, and takes every opportunity he can to cuddle or say "I love you," which is pretty rare for a 3 yr old. And like his Dad, he has a wicked sense of humor...I love hearing the things come out of his mouth everyday. He continues to amaze me, as he is learning new things every day and becoming more curious and aware of the world around us. He's got such a contagious smile and I feel lucky to have him in my life. Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet angel boy. I love you!
And now, for a stroll down memory lane...
1 day old

1 yr old

2 yrs old

3 yrs old
9 comments:
happy birthday Nate...we love you!
Happy Birthday Nate!!!
You're such a sweet handsome boy!!!
Btw.. your Mom is a lucky lady to have had such a quick delivery:)
Happy Birthday, Nate! :)
What a beautiful tribute to a very special boy!:)
so sweet. and you should re-live your story every year. i have been thinking a lot about Tucker's birth lately too. happy birthday nate! you seem like one really cool kiddo!
He is a perfect mix of his mom and dad :) His goofy smile is one of my favorite things to see in his pictures! Happy Birthday Nate!
Happy Birthday to Nate!! Loved reading your birth story--will never get tired of hearing those! Hope you all celebrate like crazy today! :)
Happy Birthday Nate! WOW, he has changed so much. I love the stroll down memory lane...
Happy birthday sweet boy! I'm so thankful that I could be there for the night of your arrival and all the days since! We love you!
Happy Bday Nate---you have one swet mom who loves you more than you know!!
Post a Comment