Nate's class is a little bigger than it was last year - 6 boys and 6 girls. He has two teachers who seem super sweet, Miss Denise & Miss Nikki. And, one of his old teachers, Miss Andrea, is right next door! So I have a feeling Nate will be sneaking over there a lot to get a hug or two. He was so happy Tuesday night at Open House to be back at school...loved playing with all the toys in his room, and of course, he had to show us the gym. I think he's really missed being at school and interacting with the kids & teachers! He has 2 of the same girls from his class last year in his class this year, Riley & Bailee. Bailee was the one that he got in "trouble" with a few times for being giggly with during nap. I told Miss Denise to watch out for the lovebirds!
The bad news is that his nap period is shorter this year - just from 1-2 pm. So I fully expect him to be a grump when I pick him up each T/Th. But the good news is, he has an added "craft time" this year, so that means I get to see & hang up more of his adorable projects and artwork! :) AND, one interesting thing that Miss Denise told me...by the end of the year last year, most of her class was able to both recognize & write their own name! That seems amazing to me, b/c I know a few 4 and 5 yr olds that cannot do that yet!! Anyways, fingers crossed that Nate enjoys his classmates & teachers this year. I am so excited to see what & how much he learns!
When I picked him up this afternoon, he was VERY happy to see me! I peeked in on him before going in, and saw him giggling with his old pal Bailee, and also a new girl Neema. And he told me on the way home that he had fun playing trains with Tripp. I love that he's making new friends already! Unfortunately he did not nap at all....which is very unlike him! I am hoping he was just excited/stimulated from all the activity. At least he was quiet and laid on his napmat, but WOW has he been bouncing off the walls since we got home! And he went potty without any trouble today. Miss Denise said she's never seen a little boy so excited to flush, haha! I have a feeling this is going to be a good year....for both of us! :)
Proud Momma

New backpack & lunchbox - I decided I'm going to let him pick out a new lunchbox every year, b/c they're so cheap. It'll just depend on what he's "into" that year. Big surprise - he picked Toy Story this year! :)


5 comments:
He looked so cute today! So proud of him! :) And so glad our boys are at the same school!
What a great "Back-to-School" story! I love it! Great lunch box idea!
Love his backpack! And cute dress!
I thought last year he looked grown up with his backpack and lunch box but this year with his cute haircut - geez! He looks like he is ready to hop on the school bus :)
I'm glad he likes school so much. I hope that doesn't change. It probally won't because he is so much like his Mommy.
Post a Comment