Monday, August 23, 2010

So long, dear friend

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet!! But we've been busy, as you can tell from my multiple blog posts recently...

Anyways, big news around these parts: Nate has FINALLY retired his passy!!! (Insert: lots of applause and a huge sigh of relief from myself. I thought he was going to go to kindergarten with that thing.)
As you can see, his passy was looking a LITTLE rough. He had finally bit that thing down to the core, and about a month ago, decided HE wanted to throw it in the trash. Of course, Greg & I were MORE than happy to hear this, but didn't have high hopes that he'd even make it thru the night without it. Well he did, and minus a few slip-ups in Johnson City that we won't go into :), he has been passy-free for almost a month!!!

It has been quite the process, trying to rid him of these pacifiers. As a newborn, he'd sleep with 4-5 in his crib at a time, b/c he kept throwing them out and waking up etc. Then, we got it down to 2 passys. At 18 months old, we stopped carrying around a passy during the day and only let him have the two at naptime and bedtime. When he hit 2 years old, we had to stop the naptime passys b/c he was starting MDO. Not a problem. And though I had all intentions of weaning him off that last bedtime passy before Abby arrived, as you all know, that didn't happen since Miss A made an early appearance. We actually backtracked and he began getting it at naptime too (not really sure how that one happened....I think I just wanted to ensure that he had a good, long nap when Abby was an infant b/c Lord knows I needed that time)!

So as you can see, getting rid of the passy has been in the making for 1.5 yrs. What a process! Luckily, Abby is not as attached to the passy as Nate was from the beginning, so hopefully we can wean her a lot sooner....fingers crossed....

5 comments:

Proud Parents said...

Right there with you...only 1.5 years behind you...

Leah said...

I had to blow up that picture of his paci. He really chewed it up like that!? Good for him for thowing it away himself.

Hallie Madewell said...

WOOHOO!! Way to go Nate, so proud!

beth gibbs said...

What aa big boy! I loved his comment when he was at CAMP NANNY AND POPPY this summer, "JUST ONE MORE SUCK"

Diane said...

What a big boy! So proud of him!