Monday, August 16, 2010

Thats what Grandparents are for...

Nate & Abby got spoiled by Nanny & Poppy last week, as they came for a 4 day visit. As my mom tells me, it's a grandparent's JOB to spoil their grandkids. I don't agree :), but Nate & Abby sure had a good time and loved all the extra attention. (And I enjoyed all the extra help with the kids!!)

The visit was filled with trips to Baskin Robbins for $1 scoop night, Chic-fil-A, the hairdresser, and Nate had some special alone time with his N&P at the Discovery Center. We played with Mr. Potato Head non-stop, as well as our new favorite game, Hungry Hippos. We painted, did puzzles, played games, watered plants with Poppy, and did bubbles. And then of course, there was Nate's big birthday party on Saturday.

Poor Nate had to have his 3 yr check-up while N&P were here, and that appointment involved shots. NOT FUN. Luckily I was able to leave Abby at home with N&P, and good thing b/c Nate was hysterically crying for about 20 minutes after his shot and fingerprick. It took many rides up & down the elevator to calm him down. The good news is, he is healthy! Here were his stats:
Weight: 31.3 lbs (50th percentile)
Height: 38 inches (60th percentile)

Because we had free babysitters, Greg and I were able to have a date night at Chuy's last Thursday (SO GOOD!), as well as run a 5K Saturday morning together. It was nice to be able to talk with my husband for longer than a 5 minute stretch without being interrupted to wipe up spit-up, change dirty diapers, be the "toy police", help with pottying, etc. Thank you N&P for all your help this past week & weekend!!

We always have a fashion show when N&P come, b/c of all the new clothes! This one was a fave from Deedee..

Trying to take control of the spoon...

N at the Discovery Ctr

Hungry Hippos! (I LOVED this game when I was a kid)

Big Baby Girl!

Poppy & Abby-Doo

We asked Nate if he wanted to go for a "ride" but instead he wanted to push Abby around - too sweet!

While N was getting a haircut, Abby got to play dress-up...

Ready to get his pre-wedding and back-to-school haircut!

Nanny had to use Nate's spiderman icepack b/c he gave her a boo-boo (elbowed her in the eye, ouch!)

4 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Abby is workin' that flower! Love it!
And, I might have to come over and play HH! Ha! My favorite childhood game!

Leah said...

Abby must want the spoon so she can put more ice cream on it. I don't blame her...ice cream is my weakenss too...Love the pictures.

Hallie Madewell said...

Im so loving the flower in Abby's hair, I cant help it! :)

Glad you had a good visit with your parents, they're so sweet!

Lora said...

Yay for hungry hungry hippos! Best game ever :)