It was soooo good to have him back yesterday. I swear he grew an inch and his voice sounds different to me! He might have even grown some armpit hair; I'll have to check. We all really missed him - including Abby. That girl is F-U-S-S-Y when her BFF is not around. Lord help me when Nate starts back to school later this month!!
Our biggest worry about Nate being away from home for that long was, of course, going potty. Poor Mum-Mum, on the drive to JC, he made her stop 6x and didn't pee once. He held it for 6 HOURS and peed as soon as they got to the house!! On a positive note - at least he didn't have an accident. He did great all week though and even managed to pee in public once - a big feat for being away from Mom! And he decided to go once on the way home too. Whew, our big boy had his first successful trip as a potty-trainer.
According to Mum-Mum, they spent a LOT of time at fast food restaurant playgrounds...b/c of the air conditioning of course. Oh, and did I mention that the A/C at their house died one day as well??? That's summer for you.
Nate swam at the pool (and made friends with an 8 yr old boy in the process), played at the park, golfed with Granddad, enjoyed ice cream cones on the front porch, saw Toy Story 3 in the theatre again, and visited Granddad's office.
And to top it off, he came home with 2 more Mr. Potato Heads (don't ask), so now he has a grand total of 3! Just what every (almost) 3-yr-old needs.
Thank you again Joyce & Stan for getting Nate out of our hair this week! He had so much fun with you guys and I know you enjoyed him as well. I'm sure it's MUCH quieter around your house today without Mr. Chatty Cathy :)


1 comment:
We're coming to your house for a Potato Head playdate.. G is also obsessed with those dang things.. and I cant keep up with all the parts!
Post a Comment