Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jumbo Shrimp

So, I was pretty confident that Abby was going to grow up to be a shrimp like me. Not so much. My first clue should have been the fact that she has been growing out of 12 MONTH sized pjs already. And today, at her 9 month check-up, they confirmed it for me. A shrimp no more.

Her stats:
Height: 28 3/4 inches (80th percentile!!!)
Weight: 19 lbs 4 oz (55th perecentile)

So I guess I just need to accept the fact that someday, I will be the shortest one in my immediate family. So sad!

Her check-up went great though and she is hitting every milestone right on time. Luckily, she didn't have to have any shots today. But, she did need some labwork done and had to have her finger pricked. I warned Nate that Abby was going to cry (since he had SOBBED last week at his), and we were both armed with toys and fun bandaids and passys. Well, we underestimated Baby Girl....she is one tough cookie and didn't shed ONE tear!!! I couldn't believe it! Nate was a little confused too. Kept looking at me saying "Mommy, why Abby not crying??" That's my girl.

Oh, and when we got home, she decided to pull herself up on her knees for the first time!! Big girl!!

5 comments:

Leah said...

How cute is she? I love the ruffles on her tush.

Lora said...

Girl Power!! Yay Abs :)

mary leigh said...

Way to go, Abs.
We go tomorrow for B's 18 mth checkup, so I'll post his stats! They are so close to Ab's!!!!

Hallie Madewell said...

AWWW.. whatta big girl! :) I love that picture, precious!

Dont feel bad Em... Im the shrimp boat of the family too!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Abs! You should have had a talk with Emerson about this finger prick! We just went Monday for our 9 month check up too (a little late) but she cried and cried and CRIED like her heart would break after that prick! Way to go you!!!