Sorry if this is TMI, but I have been pumping (breastmilk) 8x/day for almost 4 wks now. Abby is quite the eater, but she is nowhere near being able to keep up with all the milk I'm producing. So, I've started to freeze it. Once our extra fridge/freezer in the garage got full, I decided that drastic measures were needed. I called Mary Leigh, and asked to borrow her deep freezer. It can last up to a YEAR in a deep freezer (and only 3 months in a regular freezer)! So, today I made a 100-bag deposit at ML's house. And still have a good 100 here. Whew!
Take a look at the ~200 bags in our garage fridge/freezer:
Oh, and btw, when I say that Abby is a good eater, I mean it. She gained 5 oz over the last 2 days. That is a ton, people!!! She is currently at 6 lbs 11 oz. Our little piglet - I've never been so proud!


4 comments:
love the new background. and holy cow on the milk :)
I am in shock about the milk! You should seriously consider donating some of it if she doesn't need it. I have seen a couple of TV specials about groups that need breast milk.
emily - colleen shared your blog with me - i am thrilled because it is one more great distraction for me at work ;-)
I am in total amazement of your milk producing ability. I only wish I could have been that productive! Amazing. I really don't know if i can get over it!
HOLY MOLY. When Bec told me you were pumping 80 oz/day I told her she had the number wrong - YOU ARE AMAZING. And I love looking at your pics because our girls have & fit in all the same clothes right now (thank the Lord for Carters newborn sizes!)- except Abby might pass Emerson soon!
Post a Comment