Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Weekly Update

Abby is 5 wks old today and still growing like a weed! She celebrated her 1 month bday last week by getting her first shot at the doctor :( Surprisingly, she is a tough little cookie and hardly cried at all. And...drumroll please...she weighed 7 lbs 7 oz!! (This was last Thursday, so I would suspect she is closer to 8 lbs now.) So as Greg said, she is now a "normal-sized" baby. Whatever...she still looks and feels TINY to me.

Greg and I have gotten into a great routine at night, allowing each of us to get a solid 5-6 hrs of sleep at a time. (Which, for those of you that have a newborn, is quite a feat!) I pump & go to bed at 9 pm. Greg heads upstairs with Abby, and gives her a 10 pm and 1 am bottle. Then he brings her downstairs to our bedroom, puts her in her bassinet, and goes back upstairs to sleep in the guest bedroom. (Nate's room is upstairs too, so Greg is on "Nate duty" if he happens to wake up in the middle of the night.) I usually wake up around 2 am or so and need to pump, and then I feed Abby around 4 am and 7 am. So, as you can tell, we are pretty much on a 3 hr schedule still, even at night. (Even though last night....she went 6 hrs btw feedings!! I think that was a fluke though...her belly was upset and she was exhausted from grunting & crying.) Anyways, I am grateful for such a wonderful & helpful husband. We make a great team!

Back to Abby's grunting...she is definitely having some belly issues, still. In fact, we had her on formula the past 3 days to see if that helped any. Verdict: not much. So we are back to breastmilk/nursing today. And I am just going to alter my diet for the 900th time. Maybe I'll just eat only lettuce for the next 9 months. That'd be one way to lose this baby weight!!

And on a sidenote, we have the most wonderful friends & neighbors!! We are STILL getting dinners dropped off every few days. There is nothing better than a home-cooked meal that you didn't have to cook! :) We are very blessed to have such generous and supportive friends in our lives.

8 comments:

mary leigh said...

um, does she have a tutu on in one of the pictures! I love it!

Her hair needs to hurry up and grow, we've got bows to put on that girl!

Hallie Madewell said...

I have so much to say about this post! First... LOVE the tobbogan (however you spell that) on Abby!!
Second.. OMG.. the picture of Nate with the breastpump.. PRICELESS!
Third.. it sounds like you have a great routine with Abby but WOW it makes me tired!! And fourth.. Nate looks so big to me now, it makes me sad.. I have to see those kids soon.. esp need a "baby" fix!!

beth gibbs said...

Hallie needs a baby fix what about Nana? I can't wait to get there and see these precious children. I am counting the minutes. Abby has grown toomucyh too soon and I'm missing IT! Thank
God for skyping and e-mail.

The Overstreets said...

I love the "Morning Abby" picture! If it's even possible she is getting more beautiful each day. And I cannot believe she slept 6 hours - that's awesome!

I know it sounds awful, but you might want to try the elimination diet that I did when I was nursing Will. It's hard, but helped his belly issues a lot.

Lauren Heuber said...

Ya'll are a great team! Abby is so cute...sorry to hear that she has an upset stomach! You should be able to show her how to fix that, toots! :)

Ashley said...

Wow, what a good schedule! And quite a big blessing to have a hubby that job shares!:)
Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.:)

Life's A Beach.... said...

OH my goodness, that picture of Nate with the pump on his boob his hilarious. Seriously, one of my fav pics ever and when he gets married, that pic will be in the slideshow. Abby is cute as a (little) muffin and her lips are precious! Hope to see ya'll soon.

Lora said...

uh oh - is the Gibbs family Christmas going to mess up this well constructed schedule? :) Maybe Nana can help with some of the feedings... One week from today and we'll arrive! YAYAYAYYAAY!!!