What a whirlwind! Abby Reece is 7 wks old today and was VERY busy last week. My family was in & out all week, and then Aunt Gena & Uncle Kevin came for a short visit as well. As to be expected, both of our kids got MAJORLY spoiled by Santa & family. I think we need to buy a storage unit to hold all the new toys! But Nate had a ball seeing everyone and it was fun showing Abby off.
Just some highlights from our week:
-Nate made cookies for the first time, with Nana. It was something I loved doing as a child and I hope Nate will too!
-Greg got beignet mix (at World Market) and made some for us one morning. It was quite the elaborate process, but he did a great job! I have never had the originals at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, but I still thought his were delicious.
-We saw the lights at the Opryland Hotel (see earlier post). They are so beautiful!
-I got to celebrate my little sister's bday with her! She turned 28 on the 26th, so we got pedis with Mom and then went out for Mexican that night.
-Nate is officially Handy Manny's #1 fan...he got a HM-themed toy from almost everyone in both families! Needless to say, he is starting to speak Spanish. Hola, gracias, and vamanos. Hilarious!
-Nate is definitely BFF with men these days....he did not let Pops or Uncle Kevin out of his sight.
-We have given into using a passy with Abby. We don't use it at night yet, but it helps to calm her during the day.
-I got an AMAZING surprise from Greg for Christmas - diamond earrings!! I have always wanted some but never thought I'd get them. Thanks sweetie!!
-Becky's fiance Mike was unable to come visit on Christmas...he was supposed to fly in Christmas night but his flight got cancelled. I was super bummed (as was Bec of course) b/c we had a double date night planned in Nashville. Next time Mike!
-Nate woke up early one morning and Nana just brought him in bed with she & Pops. When I went upstairs at 7:30 am, I found him spooning Nana. It was adorable! (And I was relieved b/c when I saw his bed empty, I thought for 2 seconds that he had been kidnapped!)
-Greg & I had a date night...got to see "The Blind Side" (LOVED IT) and go out for dinner. Always nice to get to be "Em & Greg" for a night instead of "Mom & Dad."
-Besides Nate's Handy Manny toys, his other favorite was a tent/tunnel from Uncle Kevin. I have never seen his face light up so big!
-Nate's new favorite expression is "Oh dear." No idea where he learned it but it's adorable!
It was wonderful having everyone here this Christmas...it was the first year that Greg & I have not traveled which made it MUCH less stressful! We got to start new traditions, like Nate writing a letter to Santa and leaving out cookies & milk. All the while keeping up old ones - all the girls fixing breakfast Christmas morning, having a chili cook-off Christmas Eve, and Greg reading the Christmas Eve story to name a few.
Sorry there are so many pics (about 60 or so!) My family just does NOT know how to only take a few! (Btw, there were about 400 I had to choose from!) :) Enjoy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
greg better up the limit on that credit card for ransom for nate too!
too cute! i love all the pictures!
I laughed so hard.. you had some hilarious pictures! Nate got the hook up on Christmas!!!! I love him in his Helmet and knee pads! Of course Abby is a little beauty too!
Looks like you all had a great christmas! Can't wait to see those earrings in person!
I am dying laughing that you thought Nate had been snatched! ML is right - Don't tell Greg you thought that, he'll have to get another "ransom money" credit card!
LOVE the "Thank you God" picture!
1. Have your husband talk to mine...I want diamond earrings!
2. I have the same Santa's Cookies plate! I love Target!
3. I don't know much about Handy manny, but I think all of the tool and fix it toys are really cute and can't wait until Colin wants to play with them. I am really looking forard to Leggos also.
4. Nate is so cute and those cookies he made look so good!
Post a Comment