Friday, December 18, 2009

Visiting Santa

Finally, a successful trip to see Santa!!

Last year, Nate screamed in horror at the man in the big red suit. No pictures were taken; it was a disaster and I was completely embarrassed at his behavior. Granted, he was only 16 months (and had a huge fear of old/strange men at the time!), but still. It was bad.

Then last weekend, we went to Belk to see Santa, only to find out he is not there this year. (I have lost my mind, apparently. I swore it said he was there on Belk's website.) So we trucked over to Stones River Mall, only to find Santa (!) but with a HUGE line waiting for him. We went home disappointed and promised Nate a lunch with his favorite....salami. That cheered him right up!

So, today, Greg surprised us and took the day off work so we could go at lunchtime and beat the crowds! We were the only ones there, and Nate did great (after some coaching from Daddy). We didn't get a huge smile from him, but at least there were no tears. And sweet Abby...well, she was an angel as usual. Check out her tutu outfit!!

Of course I am too cheap to purchase the 5x7 picture for $15, but I did manage to take a few with my own camera. Sneaky sneaky!



5 comments:

Lora said...

I like the second picture - Nate looks on the verge :) Too cute!

Erin said...

i think santa is looking right at you in the 2nd one, so i don't know how sneaky you were :). glad they don't force you to buy a pic! i wouldn't feel bad about nate screaming last year, i think lots of kids do - have you seen this site http://www.sketchysantas.com/? too funny! abby is so cute snoozing in santa's arm!

Hallie Madewell said...

OMG I love it! YAY NATE!!! And Em.. so proud of you for Abbys outfit! Im gonna break you in slowly! hahaha

beth gibbs said...

Abby does look like an angel. I've got to see her up close in that outfit. Nate looks like he is ready to
BOLT! At least, he cooperated. Cute! I have to have copies of pictures.

The Overstreets said...

Yay Nate!!! And sweet ballerina/angel Abby! Sneaky sneaky with your camera. Those prices were outrageous! We were not as successful with Santa this year...