On the way to Nashville, Nate entertained himself by looking in the van window (we had his interior light on) at himself and fixing his hair & hat repeatedly. So vain!
We went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner, and had been talking up all the monkeys & birds etc to Nate all day. My friend Hallie took her 15 month old son there and loved it. Said it was loud, but fun. So I was expecting Nate would love it. WRONG. As soon as we walked in, he started burying his head in his Dad's shoulder. We walked in right as a "thunderstorm" was happening...lights on & off, rain/thunder noises, and all the "animals" making noises. It was a bit much, but Nate seemed to be the only kid scared in there. Typical. (He comes by it honestly though...I was scared of EVERYTHING growing up!) He got better as the meal went on, but still had a tight grip on me, especially when the elephant near us made noises. Here he is burying his face while eating. (Oh and did I mention that Abby slept thru ALL of this!?)
This is what he did during the "thunderstorms"
And here is the scary elephant
Then, a much happier Nate with Nana outside the Opryland Hotel
Oh the challenges of getting your toddler to smile at the camera
Saying "SANTA!" with Nana & Pops
Favorite part of the night: Snickerdoodle
My little angel
Abby was soooo well behaved and stayed in her carseat/stroller the whole night, until this moment. She was NOT happy we disturbed her! And btw, I know this is not the greatest family picture, but it's the best of the 10 shots we took. Welcome to family of 4!


3 comments:
We had the exact smae experience at Rain Forest Cafe when Ty was that age. They sat us under the gorillas and it was a total nightmare! He was traumatized for weeks, no kidding! Maggie slept the enitre time and had no idea what she missed! Your family is gorgeous! Merry Christmas!
That is HYSTERICAL! Grant would look at the Gorillas and say "OOOOH OOOH OOOH" back at them! Im sorry he didnt like it but glad he liked the lights!
Emily this is great! You look amazing for having a baby 6 weeks ago & your family is adorable. I know you are enjoying everyone being at your house for Christmas, I know I would!
It is so funny how kids are all so different and react to things so differently. That Cafe sounds awesome & i have a feeling my child would have been trying to attack all the animals and then play with their mangled parts.
Merry Christmas to your family!
-Kelsey
Post a Comment