Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy Bee

(Disclaimer: this will be a short post b/c I am exhausted! Abby had a bad night last night...)

Abby is 3 weeks old today and has had quite a week! All the Givens were in town for Thanksgiving & also helped me celebrate my 30th bday. Greg got me an awesome oreo ice cream cake (HOLLA) and everyone chipped in to get me a half-day at the spa. Complete with a massage, facial, mani & pedi. Can't wait!

Nate made a new best friend...Uncle Kevin. He was really taken with him and liked to hold his hand whenever Uncle Kev went. Nate's favorite thing was building forts with him. It was too cute!

Abby got lots of attention and loving, as to be expected. She also had her first tummy time (lasted maybe 3 minutes) and her first bath (she didn't scream as much as we'd expected).

We went to the doctor yesterday and Abby is WELL above her birth weight! Hooray! (Guess the 80+ oz of milk I'm pumping per day are doing some good! :) She weighs 6 lbs 5 oz and has grown a half inch as well. We are so proud of our little piglet! Now if we could just figure out what her problem is at night....this grunting & screaming all night is getting old!!

On a sidenote, the christmas tree is up, house is decorated, and presents are wrapped. Happy December 1st! (Did I mention I'm exhausted!?) Here's some pics from the past week...

3 comments:

The Overstreets said...

Nate looks so big nest to tiny Abby on the play mat! How are our biys growing up so fast? I'm going through Abby withdrawl! If you are feeling up to it, maybe we can get together Thursday.

Lora said...

Thank you for posting even though you are exhausted! I love reading about Abby and seeing the pictures :) I can't wait to be there with you guys!!!

Hallie Madewell said...

Aww. what great pictures!!!!! I love the ones of Abby and Nate!