She is such a hoot these days...well, most of the time I’m pulling out my hair, but at least once a day she does something hilarious that just stops me in my tracks and makes me laugh. So, I decided to list 18 things I love about our Miss Priss (in no particular order):
1. How she’ll get RIGHT IN YOUR FACE if you’re not paying attention to her and pucker up for a big kiss. Completely adorable and irresistible.
2. How she waves with her whole hand…like she’s holding a lightbulb and/or thinks she’s Miss America
3. Her sweet, BIG grin (not sure where she gets that BIG mouth, haha!)
4. How she gets SO excited when she sees a dog. She'll wave at them like they're humans. Oh and if/when she gets close enough to one to pet, she’ll poke them in the eye or pinch their nose. One day she might get bitten (God forbid) but for now it’s hilarious and adorable.
5. Her bowlegged walk and how when she’s trying to get somewhere fast, she swings her right arm back & forth really quickly
6. The way she says “brother”...sounds like “bru-ba”
7. The constant mischievous gleam/twinkle in her eye
8. Watching her read books in her room
9. Her sturdy (read: chubby) legs that now constantly have bumps & bruises on them since she’s FEARLESS
10. Her to-die-for, long, luscious white/blonde eyelashes
11. Watching her play copycat with Nate...there is nothing too silly for her to copy. (Unfortunately, this game usually occurs at mealtimes which makes it drag out a bit longer than I want, but hey, at least no one’s crying...)
12. How she RUNS to the door with arms wide open, screaming “DADDY” when Greg comes home every night
13. How she loves to wear her sunglasses & lives up to the nickname “Miss Hollywood” daily
14. How she could care less if she’s dirty, sweaty, or soaking wet. This is quite a change from Nate and something I am still getting used to. Girlfriend loves to play outside and throws a FIT every time we have to come in
15. How she LOVES to eat...and I’m not just talking sweets. Fave breakfast: eggs. Fave snack: pretzel sticks. Fave dinner: anything. Especially green beans. Whereas we have to twist Nate’s arm to eat his required 3 bites of veggies (b/c he’s 3 yrs old), she will gobble down 20 bites in a minute. I am not kidding. She definitely got her eating habits from me! :) Only weird thing though – she doesn’t like pizza. Craziness.
16. How she will LAUGH NON-STOP during bathtime at Nate. It seriously is one of my favorite parts of the day
17. How she can play INDEPENDENTLY!! Favorite things to do: build towers with chunky legos, hug Dolly or Piggy, eat pretend-groceries, race cars, or sort blocks
18. No matter how bad/good her night was, when I walk in to get her up each morning, she smiles SO big and says with outstretched arms: MOMMY!!!! Melts me everytime!
She still adores her brother...sometime maybe a little too much. Unfortunately, she's gained a new nickname these days - pest. These were taken during our tornado day earlier this month. Nate was being a good boy watching a dvd, and Abby Reece just HAD to get in on the action. See what I mean:
Other pics with N this past month:
And just a few more of my faves from this month: Please notice she is BELTED INTO the cart cover but it didn't stop her from standing up! Can you say T.R.O.U.B.L.E?!

Obsessed with her toothbrush
Still loves to accessorize
One of her favorite things to do, stock the pantry
Laughing at Daddy
"In the zone" at the Discovery Center
It has been quite a month with our baby girl, and as we head into summer, we are excited to see what Abby Reece has in store for everyone. She is our little Miss Sassy-Pants and such a joy in our lives!
**Sidebar: We went to the doctor this AM for her 18 month check-up...she is perfect & healthy & took her 3 shots like a champ! She was in the 50th percentile for both weight (23.8 lbs) and height (31.75 inches).


5 comments:
I am so excited to see what kind of trouble she'll get into at the beach :) And to watch the two of them get a bath together! Remember how Nate and I played last year (read: splashed water everywhere)? I am ready for Abby kisses and Nathan hugs and talks :)
18 months wow! sounds like there is never a dull moment at the givens' house :).
Happy 18 months sweet Abby! I love you!
I love that walk of hers and all her sweet little quirks! Girlfriend can hold her own! :)
She certainly has a PERSONALITY! She is going to be such fun to watch grow-up.
it makes me smile so much to see them sitting together in all those pictures. i love it!! she reminds me of my oldest - and it is so exhausting, but so fun to have a kid with such a busy, fun personality! 18 months, it is amazing. great blog, loved the 18 things you love about her...don't be surprised if i snag that one from you!
Post a Comment