Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thank You!!!

There is one thing I want to say, more than just a simple "Happy Mother's Day" to my mom. I want to say THANK YOU!!!When I became a mom, I developed a new-found respect for my mom and all she's done for me for the past 31 years. Never before did I know what a "thankless" job being a mom was. Now that I know, I want to say thank you, a million times over, to her. She is my hero, my best friend, and the best role model I know.
Growing up, I have no idea how she did all she did for us. She raised 3 girls (all 18 months apart or less), had a hot meal on the table EVERY night, a spotless house all the time, and I don't think I was ever spanked. I'm serious. After staying at home for 7-8 years while us girls were young, she went back to work as a teacher....to take care & educate everyone else's kids (something you could not pay me a MILLION dollars to do!)... which is yet another thankless job. See what I mean?! She's amazing.
She's the one that... listens to me complain about the kids (and/or Greg!), shares recipes with me, gives me advice, helps me shop for the kids, drinks wine with me (!), recommends books to me, and makes me feel better about myself on those not-so-good days.
Mom, I owe you so much. And I hope on today of all days, you know this. I am so blessed to have you as my mom, and can only hope that one day Abby will respect & love me as much as I do you.
Thank you for being such a wonderful Mom & Nanny!! I love you!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful tribute! Sounds like an awesome lady!

beth gibbs said...

Wow!What an honor. I love you even more. Thank you for being such a wonderful and appreciative daughter. Being a mother has been the most difficult but the most fulfilling job of my life. I am now enjoying the fruits of my labor, the friendship of my daughters and the joy of grandchildren. It is so WORTH EVERY TEAR,SMILE AND LAUGH. Enjoy it, time goes by so fast. Luv You!!!!

Mama V said...

Em, What a nice tribute to your mom!
And thanks for your reply on Erin's blog. I love all you GIbb's girls!
So glad we are so connected still after all these years.
Ronnie