Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An apple a day...

Nate had his 2 year check-up today, and did great! I freaked out when we first got there and I had to strip him down to his diaper to be weighed. Instead of putting him on the baby scale, he got to STAND on the adult scale!! When did he get so grown-up!? Here are his stats:

WEIGHT: 27 lbs 6 oz (50th percentile)
HEIGHT: 34 3/4 inches (55th percentile)

I was pleasantly surprised with his weight....thought for sure my skinny minny would be in the 25th percentile as usual. Guess all that sausage is helping him bulk up!

Unfortunately, he had 2 shots AND a finger prick today. Not a happy guy. I hate seeing those big tears roll off his cheeks! But thank goodness Mom had Sesame Street band-aids and a dum-dum on hand. They seemed to dry up those tears pretty fast! :) Ever since we got home though, he has told me he has 3 boo-boos. Over and over and over. Yes, the word of the day is boo-boo. Got it.

(By the way, Nate made a new girlfriend in the waiting room...an 18-month-old little girl. Guess what her name was!? Abby! He kept chasing her around saying her name over and over. Too cute!)

2 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

Awww.. bless his heart!
Glad you got good stats! Oh and note to self.. DumDums and Sesame St "booboo strips"!!!

Ashley said...

What a big boy!
Missed you at DC today!