Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our little rutabaga

Yeah, I didn't know what a rutabaga was either. It's a yellow turnip, apparently. And at 25 weeks, that's how big our Abby is!! :) Well, according to www.babycenter.com at least. And she is roughly 13.5 inches long and 1.5 lbs!

My doctor's appt went fine this morning...we were in & out quickly b/c Abby looks great! Strong heartbeat and measuring right on target. Me, on the other hand... well, I gained more than the "recommended" 1 lb/wk. Oops! My doc assured me it was nothing to worry about; thought Abby was going thru a growth spurt. (That, or I ate too much of Nate's bday cake this month!)

And now that I'm in my 3rd trimester (SCARY!), I'll be going every 2 wks to see the doc (instead of every 4 wks). Can't believe we're already at that point! And next visit, I get to drink a whole lotta nasty liquid for the glucose-screening test. (It checks for gestational diabetes.) Lucky me!

Just glad things are looking good with our baby girl...15 more weeks to go....!!

3 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

HOLY MOLY.. I cant believe your in the 3rd Tri. already! Thats crazy!
HURRAY for a healthy checkup! Oh.. and dont worry about that weight thing... ENJOY IT!

Hallie Madewell said...

I wasnt finished typing and it posted! ANyways.. what I was saying was... Enjoy it because you look FABO!

The Overstreets said...

Yay for a healthy baby Abby! You look great - you probably only gained 1.1 lbs!