Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nate is TWO!!

In honor of Nate's 2nd birthday today, I had mac-n-cheese for lunch. B/c that's what I had 2 years ago, as I was waiting to go into the doctor. I had pretty much been in labor all weekend, but had called my doc at lunch so I could in and "be checked." (Yes, I wanted his confirmation that I was in labor. Crazy, I know!) My appt was at 2 pm - and I was a whopping 5 cm! - so it was off to the hospital we went! Our little man arrived at 9:41 pm and our life has never been the same since....

(Slight pause here as tears are rolling down my face...wow, this has been an emotional week for me!)

We are so blessed to have such a healthy, loving, silly, and OCD son :) We can only hope that little Miss Abby is as perfect as Nate is! It's hard to believe that he's already turning two... b/c it seems as though the past 2 years have flown by. (Even though there have been a handful of days that I wanted to speed up!) He is at such a fun age right now though, and I wouldn't have traded any of the "hard" days for anything in this world. He is my little munchkin man, and I will always love him!

Happy 2nd birthday, "Nate the Great!!"

Here's a few pics to stroll down memory lane....

1 MONTH OLD

6 MONTHS OLD

12 MONTHS OLD

18 MONTHS OLD

2 YEARS OLD!

8 comments:

Proud Parents said...

Happy Birthday Nate! I was tearing up as I read...

Erin said...

happy bday! wow he changed so much in just the last 6 months! cute.

mary leigh said...

happy birthday nate!

*but, surprise, surprise, i didn't tear up....

The Overstreets said...

Ok, so that did make me a little sad! Happy Birthday Nate!

Hallie Madewell said...

Happy Bday Sweet Boy!

Leah said...

Happy Birthday!

beth gibbs said...

It's hard to explain to a new parent how fast the time flies. cherish every moment even the bad ones. Life with children is so precious. I love you and Nathan so much.

Lora said...

I remember the phone call after your epidural :) So glad my suitcase was packed weeks in advance. A few more months and I have to do it again for Abby :) In fact I should be prepared at Thanksgiving. Time flies and will continue to do so - I know I love all our times with Nate though and soon to be with Abby! I can't wait until they both can come visit us for the weekend. Second thought - maybe one at a time :)