Monday, August 17, 2009

RELIEF!!!

Nate is starting a two-day-a-week Mother's Day Out program on Wednesday. Tonight was his Open House, where we got to go see his "cool" (how he says "School") and meet his "teachie" (Teacher). I have been anxious about open house, and about him starting MDO, for weeks. But tonight, all I feel is RELIEF!!!!

He has 2 teachers and they are super nice and young and have young kids of their own. And the class only has 6 kids so Nate will get plenty of attention! Miss Jennifer bonded with Nate right away and already seems to understand his language pretty well (which was one of my big concerns). He happily played with toys (they had a play-house with a MAILBOX!, and an Elmo truck!) while Greg & I got to sit down with the teachers and get our 900 questions answered. I was happiest to hear that I get an "information sheet" when I pick Nate up at the end of each day... So I will know what he ate, how he napped, if he pooped, etc. You know, all the details only a Mom wants to know!! :)

We drove by the playground on our way out, and Nate was happy to see that there are 4 slides and tons of swings, among other things. I think he is genuinely excited about school! All I can say is, he better shed a FEW tears when I drop him off on Wednesday!!! (B/c Lord knows I will)

4 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! Im so excited for you!!!!!!!! And Nate!
Im all about that Info sheet too!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Em, so excited for you and your little girl!!! Saw "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" on TV the other day and thought of you. How did your sister miss out on all of these classics?!?!

nate's dad said...

Why didn't you tell everyone about how I spilled the lemonade everywhere during the open house? How embarrassing!

beth gibbs said...

I'm sure you will keep every report too! i can't wait to hear how it goes.The "little man" is growing up too fast for Nana