Saturday, August 22, 2009

Pfunky Griddle

Our friends, Ted & Erica, had planned to fly in this weekend from NYC for a visit. But due to weather, their flight got cancelled and basically delayed till Sunday. We were SUPER bummed, but decided to go ahead with the plans we already had made. Which included a family breakfast at this place in Nashville called Pfunky Griddle (recommended by a friend...thanks Ashley)!

It was a really cute, small restaurant, where each table had your own griddle and you got to cook your own pancakes! They brought you 2 types of batter, and then picked which toppings you wanted to add. (I wanted chocolate chips - big surprise - and Greg had strawberries). Nate loved watching the action, and of course, wanted to get in on it... Here he is trying to give Dad some pointers:

We ordered stuff a la carte for him....his favorites - eggs & sausage. Look at this huge bite!! He was a hungry boy...

He definitely has a sweet tooth like his Mom, and was eyeing my chocolate chips pancakes. Don't worry, I gave him a few bites!

Nate's favorite breakfast food always has and always will be sausage. Look at him grubbin' on this huge patty. Didn't even want/need us to cut it up!

Here's a shot of the restaurant. Super cute, kinda hippie, very kid-friendly, and totally worth the 30 minute drive!!

7 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I'm glad you went ahead with your plans! TJ, Will and I have got to check that place out!

beth gibbs said...

Looks good. I hope we can go on the next visit before Abby arrives. I don't know about chocolate pancakes though.

Becky said...

Good gracious...he looks so cute in the last picture. I want to eat there!!!!

Ashley said...

Glad you all enjoyed it!!
I agree it definitely has a hippie feel!
I too ordered the chocolate chips...and shortly after recovered from the sugar high!:)

Hallie Madewell said...

OOH.. looks like fun!!!

Lora said...

Very cute place - I want to try as well :) Not sure what topping I would get... thinking blueberry. And of course whole grain pancakes!

Anonymous said...

What a fun place...and can't believe how quick this pregnancy is flying by (for me!)