Today was Nate's 2nd day at MDO....and wow, what a difference a day makes!!
1. I was fine today (no sobbing like last week)...just slightly teary-eyed at drop-off.
2. Nate was hysterical today at drop-off. Where were those tears last week!? (Luckily the teacher said it only lasted a minute or two after I left.)
3. Nate had a MUCH better day!! His info sheet - gosh how I love the info sheet - said he ate a bigger lunch, and napped almost a full 2 hrs! (He barely did that yesterday at home. I am still in shock he is doing this well with his napping!)
4. One of his teachers, Mrs. Andrea, decided to try a different tactic with Nate today when he started being "tearful on & off" again. She just talked to him real straight, told him he was fine and that his mommy would be back soon. It worked like a charm and stopped his crying on multiple occasions. I guess he is more used to tough love from me, than by being babied -- which is what his other teacher was doing. Hey, whatever works! :) Anyways, he still cried some today but they said it was for much shorter intervals. Yay for progress!!
5. When I picked him up, he wanted me to sit at the table with him and do playdoh. When I asked if he wanted to leave, he said "NO!" What the!? I even asked him again to make sure he understood what I was asking. He really loves his "teachies" and wanted to stay and play with them. My big boy!! When I told him I had his sippy in the van with milk, he darted out of the room. Nothing like a good bribe to get what you want...
So, I'm happy to see that Nate is already adjusting well to MDO. I had NO idea it would happen this fast. I guess I underestimated him! :) Glad I did though. I am just so proud of him!!
**********************************************
Two other tidbits not related to MDO:
1. Nate has always loved his baths at night, but lately, we can barely tear him away from them. He has started laying on his BELLY, putting his face in the water, and blowing bubbles, then hysterically laughing. Or, he lays on his back, puts his head all the way back in the water, and pretends he's rinsing his hair in the water. He is such a goof!
2. Today, he locked himself in the house. (Yes, you read that right.) We were coming inside from playing with some neighbors, and he ran ahead, up the 2 stairs in the garage, and into the house. AND LOCKED THE DOOR. Luckily we have a spare key outside. So, note to all moms --- have a spare key hidden somewhere outside!!!!!!!!!
I will be blogging a lot these next few days so bear with me...Nate has a dr's appt Tues & I have one for Abby on Wed. Busy busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Keep the posts coming! I am so glad he is doing well at MDO :) Him locking you guys out of the house cracked me up!
oh gosh scary, i'm glad you had a key outside!!! we locked ourselves out last week, so now we have a key too :). also left the fence gate open and hux got out and a neighbor found him. i'm a bad doggie mom, eek! anyway, love reading all these posts lately and glad MDO is going well.
So glad it went better!
Oh gosh.. I cant believe he locked you out!!!
I knew it was just a matter of time that you would get locked out. Glad you were prepared. I'm glad he is doing better at MDO.
Post a Comment