I love his 2 teachers and talked to them a good 10 minutes about Nate's day. In their words: "He was tearful on & off thru the day, but did willingly participate in all activities." And, the big news....he napped on his mat!!! Not for very long, but he fell asleep right at 12:30 with all the other kids. And darn it, the only reason he woke up is b/c another kid started crying & it upset him. So, he couldn't go back to sleep after that. But it sounds promising and I was pleased!! I had VERY low expectations for his naps, at least right away, and 1 hr on the first day is great!! (A friend in book club made him a super cute mat cover with his name embroidered on top. And gave me a matching pillow. Love it!)
So, all in all, it was a successful day. I have faith that it will get easier (for both of us) as time goes on. I was VERY happy to have my little man with me this afternoon, and even treated him to a celebratory cookie for snack. Oh, and he kept screaming "MILK!!!" on the way home, so I guess I know now to bring a sippy full of milk when I pick him up :)


6 comments:
Oh.. he looks SO BIG with his backpack :( I worried about you all day but tried to refrain from calling, afraid it would make it worse! So glad he did good!!! Im sure I'll need sedatives when Grant goes! hahaha!!!!!
HURRAY FOR A SUCCESSFUL MDO!
I'm proud of Nate, but even more proud of you! But holy cow, he looks so dang big with that backpack on!!!
Way to be strong mom!
You did great this morning! Have you framed his "first report card"? So funny about the "milk" request. Will asked for his sippy the second we got in the car today. I had to give him my water bottle to drink until we got home. I realized I need to have his sippy with me next time. We are new moms and still learning!
The pictures are so darned cute.
But then how could they not be? I'm glad you both got through the first day. I had kids telling me they were nervous starting school so the first day jitters are universal for parents,kids and teachers. Happy Birthday Nathan! the big two-O. I love you...too much.
Happy Bday to Nate (today yes?) and glad yall did well for your first MDO day!! yipeee. I'm sure it'll get easier each time.
Happy Birthday to a BIG boy!!
I must be a sappy girl too because I teared up while reading your post! Our boys are growing up waaayy tooo quickly!:(
love love love the cute mat and pillow....nate is definitely sleeping in style!:)
Post a Comment